Friday, March 21, 2014

A Moment of Pride


While doing this writing we were leaning to tell others effectively about a moment of pride. This piece of writing is about me getting 2 medals in one night and my sister getting 2 trophys as well. Hope you like it.

The Cultural Concert


The Music filled the hall. Then there was silence , For about 10 seconds of quietness. Clapping then filled the room with smiling faces, whistling and yelling. We bowed then sat and waited……….
“Kendra Coombe !,” Mr Peacock called  my name in the speaker. I was so happy to get  my second medal, well really the only one I have got tonight, the other one from last year. I walked over to my music teacher Mrs Uble to get a photo with her, while everyone clapped and cheered for me. I was proud that all my practise had paid off. When Mr Peacock started to call for who won the trophy I quickly sat down back in my spot in the Orchestra group. After the trophy got called we went off the stage and packed up our instruments.
Then my Trumpet teacher Mrs King told me that I needed to get my trumpet out to play. so I went back into the classroom and unpacked my trumpet then I lined up on the stage.
The curtains flew up and we played our songs. Then we stopped. The same quietness as before filled the room. Then clapping started getting louder and louder like the volume of a radio being turned up. Then nothing. Suddenly the booming voice of Mr Peacock came through the loudspeakers. He was going to announce who won the medals and trophies. I thought I would not get another medal or even a trophy. But……. “Kendra Coombe” did get called out for a medal. I was so shocked and happy. 2 medals! More clapping and cheering and another photo except with Mrs King!
When the concert was finished I went to meet Mum and Dad outside they were very proud of me and my sister Xanthia who won 2 trophies!

2 comments:

  1. I love the amount of writing you have achived it shows you are good at writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool kendra that is a great story I especially loved the part when you said about how the room filled with smiling faces

    ReplyDelete